Thinking about boarding schools England? We present here CATS Cambridge school, a co-educational boarding school for boys and girls in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK. Why not to consider CATS Cambridge, an international boarding school? We help all students reach their potential, but some have
extraordinary abilities or ambitions, so for these we provide special
Students identified as high achievers benefit from our Gifted and
Talented Programme. This fosters the independent thinking and studying
skills prized by top universities. It develops skills in accelerated
reading, critical thinking, argument and lateral thinking and specific
subject knowledge. The Programme helps build the confidence and
technique necessary for interviews.
Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science are among the most
competitive courses at top universities. Our Medics Programme will
familiarise students with current scientific, research and ethical
issues. Help is provided in gaining relevant work and volunteer
experience both in the UK, such as shadowing consultants at leading
hospitals such as Addenbrookes in Cambridge; and in students’ home
countries. Assistance is given with every stage of the UCAS application
process – including individual help with interview preparation.
For Oxbridge candidates, students gain specialist tuition including:
- what makes an ideal candidate
- what courses are available
- how to choose a college.
Detailed and practical help is given with applications, reading and
interviews. This is supplemented by college visits and talks from dons
and Admissions Tutors and mock interviews.
Find out more about the help we give with University applications.
The two year GCSE programme is ideal for...
Students aged 14 years+ who are wanting to study A levels,
International Baccalaureate Diploma or a University Foundation Programme
but are not old enough or do not have the right level of English
language. The two year GCSE programme will give you a solid foundation
for your secondary education before you decide on the right study
pathway and university progression for you.
- Full GCSE programme where you can take 5 GCSEs
- Individual learning plans tailored for you
- Supervised study and homework will form part of your timetable
- 24 hour boarding supervision on full board basis
- Extensive range of extra-curricular activities, sports and trips
- Flexible progression onto A level, International Baccalaureate or University Foundation on successful completion.
- The Pre: Programme is ideal for...
Students planning to study an A-level, International Baccalaureate or University Foundation programme, but who are not yet old enough, or do not have sufficient English Language ability.
You will study a wide range of subjects to find out what your strengths
and interests are, including science, maths, languages, humanities and
- 7-10 subjects studied over 1 – 3 terms
- Flexible, guaranteed progression to A-level, International Baccalaureate or University Foundation on successful completion
- Includes one-to-one coaching on future study pathways
- Provides an excellent foundation for further study at our Colleges
- You will undertake College assessments and IELTS examinations. GCSE exams may be taken if required - please contact us for availability.
The IB is ideal for...
Motivated students interested in a broad range of subjects, who may
not yet have decided what they want to specialise in at University.
A-levels are ideal for...
Students who have a clear idea of the subject they want to study at
university. You can choose from a wide range of subjects including
science, maths, languages, humanities and the arts. A-levels will allow
you to gain entry to the most competitive degree courses at the full
range of UK universities.
- 3-5 subjects studied over two years (5- or 3- term fast-track
available for students with very high English Language levels and
excellent academic achievements)
- Assessment takes place via coursework or exams for individual modules throughout the course
- The most widely studied pre-university qualification in the UK
- Provides access to the widest choice of universities
- Unique Medic Programme for students interested in Medicine, Veterinary Studies or Dentistry
IB students usually have a strong interest in the world around them and
current affairs. They are prepared to work hard and take part in social
and cultural activities as well as academic study.
- 6 subjects studied over two years plus 3 additional modules: Theory of Knowledge, Creativity Action and Service and an Extended Essay
- Assessment: Final exams at the end of two years, plus coursework, CAS, extended essay and presentations.
- Is recognised by the best universities worldwide
- Has a particular focus on international studies and relating subjects to events in the real world.