An American high schoo for boys onlyl! One of top boarding schools in USA! We present Army and Navy Academy in Carslbad, California, USA. Army and Navy Academy is an internationally recognized college-preparatory military boarding school for boys, grades 7-12. The Academy follo fows University of California standards and incorporates West Point-style leadership training into its curriculum. Our Cadets benefit from the Academy's structure and daily routine which incorporates a regimen of athletics, academics and leadership.
Founded in 1910 Army and Navy Academy's mission is to educate and develop good character in young men.
Number of students
|Year of foundation:
||Founded in 1910 in Pacific Beach in California. It moved to its present location in Carlsbad, California in 1936 fronting the Pacific Ocean.
|Campus size and facilities:
||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Name of Director: Ms. Candace Heidenrich
Address: 2605 Carlsbad Blvd. Carlsbad, CA 92008
Rolling or fixed admission date? Rolling
Application fee: 100 USD
International application fee: 305 USD
Cost of tuition
7 days boarding: 45 550 USD
5 days boarding: N/A
Day school only cost: 20 850 USD
Needs based aid: Not Offered
Percentage of students receiving some aid: 25%
Average aid awarded: N/A
Percentage of students receiving merit scholarschips: N/A
Average merit scholarschip awarded: N/A
About the school
Dorm Facilities: Two students to a room (7-9 grade)
Three students to a room (10-12 grade)
Bunk beds, study desk, computer tray station
Dress code: Formal
What we offer?
Daily academic schedule from 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Tutorial periods are available after school. Academic Counseling Center with an Academic Counselor assigned to each grade level. Mandatory evening study time. Supervised study hall available.
Number of teachers and their qualifications: 32, Master of Arts, PhD Doctorate
Student/teacher ratio: 10:1
Average class size: 16
Number of AP courses offered: 14
Social life & attractions
||Weekend trips to local theme parks such as Universal Studios, Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Seaworld, Movies.
Recreational, academic, summer camps are available throughout the summer. Please visit the website http://www.abts.com.
Famous People Who Attended This School
Leaders in Military & Service
Gen. William W. Crouch, USA Ret. ’59 -
Four-star general who heads a team of senior leaders in a five-year
project to return responsibility for security for South Korea from the
current Combined Forces Command to a Korean Joint Forces Command.
Maj. Gen. Supridee Pravitra '79 - Top general in the Royal Thai Army
LCDR William Kuebler '89, JAGC USN - Recipient of Reg Robson Civil Liberties Award for protecting civil liberties and human rights
Philip Rush '95 - Peace Corps volunteer in Conakry, Guinea
Jonathan Tripi '07 - Peace Corps volunteer in Rwanda
Leaders in Law & Government
- Robert Beach '48 - Judge and master swimmer
Eugenio Elurdoy Walther '58 - Former governor of state of Baja California, Mexico
Carlos Bustamante '61 - Mayor of Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Greg Nordbak '69 - Mayor, city of Whittier, Calif.
Leaders in Business
- Lyle J. Rapacki, Ph.D. '69 - Protective Intelligence and Assessment Specialist, Private-Sector Intelligence Analyst
- Kevin Aoki '86 - World-renowned restauranteur, including Benihana and Doraku Sushi
- Jake Bailey '05 - Chief Engineer, Castor Engineering, Inc.
Leaders in Athletics
- Todd Weseloh '83 (Tod Swank) - Professional skateboarder
- Matt Hensley '89 - Legendary skateboarder
- Orlan Jackman '07 - Forward for London Lions Basketball Team
Leaders in the Arts
- Victor Villaseñor '58 - Acclaimed Mexican-American writer best known for The New York Times best-seller "Rain of Gold."
- Thomas Bullard '62 - Professor of theater, Brooklyn College, City University of New York (CUNY)
- Jonathan Nielson '64
- Professor of history and author of academic books, including "Mist
Before the Rising Son," "Convergence" and "Wellington in America"
- Marc McClure '75 - Actor, played the role of cub reporter Jimmie Olson in all four Superman movies
- Adolfo Lee Mayo '77 (Adolfo Lee) - Country singer/songwriter
Why Should You Choose this School?
U.C. Standard-base curriculum
Small Classroom sizes
Dedicated Faculty & Staff
West-Point Style Leadership training
Matriculation to top universities and service academies
Life Skills and character development